We are pleased to announce the release of Appium 1.5.3 through npm and on Sauce Labs!
Appium 1.5.3 is primarily a bug-fix release. However, it also adds functionality to support for iOS WKWebViews and for automating the iOS Calendar app, as well as adding a capability to use
abd for screenshots in Android web/hybrid sessions, and providing a list of Android activities to wait for on session startup.
- Fix handling of statuses from proxied drivers (Chrome, Selendroid, etc.).
- Fix intermittent bug where creating a directory might crash the server.
- Add support for
- Add support for automating the built-in Calandar app.
- Fix bug where scrolling in Safari would crash.
- Fix handling of Safari in “new window” state.
- Fix handling of arguments for
keysmethod so that clients that send an array do not fail.
- Clean up handling of
ipafiles for real device tests.
- Make sure
nativeWebScreenshotcapability, to use
adbscreenshots instead of ChromeDriver if necessary.
- Add support to auto-select device based on
platformVersionrather than using first available device.
appWaitActivityto be a list of activities.
- Fix setting wifi and data state.
deviceUDIDwhen requesting session details, so tests have more information about running state.
- Make sure unlock app is closed at the end of a session so that the device works again.
- Fix handling of unlock to make less flakey.
- Make sure unicode encoding works correctly when strings are long.
- Fix handling of
- Fix bug where early ChromeDriver failure crashed Appium.